MoonChi unique gifts
has only been open since the 1st of October, until this point we traded at the Mindil Beach Markets on a Thursday and Sunday
with great success. MoonChi has extended what is on offer since opening its doors,
not only do we sell what we have always sold at the markets, that being Star Lanterns and Jewellery (specialising in men’s
jewellery), but we know showcase local arts and crafts, more and more people are putting things in on consignment everyday. We aim to provide people with that special gift for any occasion and hope that a lot
of our products are unique. Open Wednesday through Sunday, including both the
Friday night market and the Sunday morning market.
gifts has been quoted as having: “an ambient atmosphere within the store… international and cultural flavour of the gifts and stock available.
The overall feel is relaxed, comfortable and utterly ambient to match”. Children
are more than welcome with their parents I have two of my own that live at the shop during work hours.
I also offer a free
gift wrapping service throughout the year, with gift cards available for purchase also, these cards at present are from an
arrange of handmade, painted or screen printed images from Australian artists.
Our product range is
always changing and diversifying.
Details Regarding Star Lanterns
Star Lamps are Moon Chi's speciality we have a range from India and a range made from a wholesaler in Byron Bay. Our
star lanterns look exquisite at night but are also very beautiful during the day without a light inside them. they are ideal
- Christmas Decorations
- Night light in child's bedroom
- That special romantic mood lighting
- perfect for weddings and parties
We have many different designs and colours available and are always ordering new designs in. MoonChi offers discounts for
bulk purchases, we also have wholesale rates.
Moon Chi's star lanterns are extremally popular at Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, and were featured on channel 10 for Marty
and Jess Outback Wedding.
The great thing about the star lanterns is that they fold flat,making great gifts to send interstate and abroad, and for
convenient storage. We also offer and email ordering service for interstate and are hoping to have a website up and running
by late December early January for orders.
Details on our local arts and craft
- Moonchi at present are the only one in Darwin who has Jabaru CD's available for sale (jabaru are a two piece band that
performed at Mindil, and Parap Markets over the season, that are really dynamic and extremally talented).
- We stock Badlands Essentials full range of products for sale. Including the ever increasingly popular sore bits gel and
butter. Gift packs available for Christmas(including soaps, bath gels, incense etc)
- We also stock Tinker Traders beautiful wire art, which has also been seen at Mindil Beach Markets. Including Candlestick
holders, Sun Catchers, Wind Chimes, and the very beautiful wire and glass Dragon.
- Indigenous art from Ramundi Arts and Crafts, including hand carved and painted water birds made out of Milkwood.
- Exceptional hand made wooden trays and mirrors, in either painted or wood burnt designs by Barbara and Ernst.
- A variety of jewellery craftspeople
- and more and more local art.